WHAT TO DO WHEN A PROSPECT SAYS ” I WILL GET BACK TO YOU.”
When customers make this statement often times the following objections or thoughts are on their mind.
1) Pricing (Not sure I can afford it now)
2) They question your expertise (I am not sure you will deliver as promised)
3) Your product won’t work for low income earners like me, maybe in the future.
4) Not sure I need this right now.
5) I don’t have time to do this now, I am really busy.
1) Pricing: when you hear this sort of statement from your prospect , the first thing to do is show them the value of what they are buying by emphasizing on the benefits and solution to the problem they never knew they had.
Remember liken the price of your product to something they would ordinarily pay for without a moments thoughts could be the push they need to patronize you.
You could also give free bonuses & installment payment option.
This bonus deal would work for almost anybody and everybody, remember black Friday in Lagos? You can create that experience for your small business. (Who doesn’t like freebies with their purchase, I know I do)
2) Expertise: This is the time to whip out your testimonials., if you’re a startup and you don’t have any, do free services and get testimonials, this is the magic you need to respond to this kind of objection.
The best way to display a testimonial is actually to do a video testimonial or one with the clients picture attached with his social media handles attached, so that your prospects can relate to its authenticity.
3) I am not sure this would work for me: shift their focus to how exactly it will work for them. Use the prospect as an example and start from where he is presently and where your product will take him to.
You own an acre of land… you can sell, montage, lease or even rent out your estate for regular income.
4) Not sure I need this now: humans generally procrastinate a lot and as such you need to emphasis why your prospect should buy now to enjoy great returns on his investment. Especially if there is an ongoing promo on the product. Finally put a clear call to action in your offer.
5) I am too busy and I don’t have time for this right now: this sort of objection is common among employees who have to juggle their day jobs with other things that are equally as important. Keep it simply and straight to the point. [sign here sign there pay here, you can inspect anytime] the easier it looks the better for you as a consultant.
You will do most of the running around to ease the stress of the transaction.